Welcome to Sir Douglas Bader Intermediate School.
Sir Douglas Bader Intermediate is a proud school located in the heart of Mangere. We have proud traditions and a diverse rich culture. We are proud to be an intermediate school focusing on the middle years and supporting our students transition into college. We are committed to ensuring all students achieve success and develop a good sense of who they are and the talents they have to share. We encourage students to be active learners and encourage students to question the world around them and share their opinions. Our students are tomorrows leaders so it's important that they develop as independent, responsible, contributing citizens. Sir Douglas Bader Intermediate provide students with a rich curriculum and a range of leadership opportunities to develop and build their skills and abilities to be great leaders and awesome young people!
We are committed to ensuring that our young people are aiming high and reaching their full potential. We have a dedicated staff who understand that building relationships with our students is vital to ensuring their academic success. We work hard on delivering a 21st century curriculum that is engaging, relevant and authentic to their world. We take heart in our school motto 'Where everyday is an opportunity to better than the day before' and understand that we are all learners and are continually engaging in professional development to ensure that your child is receiving quality up to date teaching and learning opportunities.
We are always happy to engage with our parents and community, we believe it takes a village to raise a child and we are all in this together. Our children are the most important thing to us and supporting them to achieve their personal goals and milestones is at the heart of what we do.
Sir Douglas Bader is a great school with great teachers and awesome students, why not come and visit and have a look around and see for yourself, you are always welcome!
- Update: Thank you all for your generous support with our Easter Raffle! We raised an whopping $896 all of which will go towards purchasing much needed resources for our students! The winners of our 11 Easter hampers were; 1st prize; Harmony – Rm 2. Prizes 2 thru to 11 were …Read More »
- A reminder that our shared lunch will be taking place this Friday 17th at David Lange Park. This is the beginning of our Celebrating 275 Unit and sharing in the great things Mangere has to offer us. Feel free to come and join us.Read More »
- Hi Whanau, Every 2 years we need to consult with our community about the health topics we cover. Please go to the ‘Our Community’ Tab and click on Parents section to access the information and a quick survey so we can better understand what you feel is important to teach in …Read More »
- Hi all, We are now transitioning our year 6 students who will be attending Bader next year. If your child attends Jean Batten, Nga Iwi or Favona we have visits planned. If your wanting your child to attend next year please get in touch with the office on 275 4332 …Read More »
- Hi everybody and welcome back to what is going to be a great year. Below are the starting dates for students attending Bader in 2016. Year 8 students begin school Tuesday 2nd February 8:45am Year 7 students begin school Wednesday 3rd February 8:45am We are looking forward to seeing and …Read More »